Previously available only on the mobile Web, buzzd delivers editorially driven event and venue information, along with up-to-the-minute reviews and ratings from other members of the buzzd community. With money from the BlackBerry Partner Fund, buzzd has created a BlackBerry app for their services.
Users can browse and search continuously updated event feeds, which include pricing, location, and event details as well as the firsthand ratings and reviews posted from the event by other members in real-time. Event and venue information is courtesy of Citysearch, Flavorpill, Time Out, MyOpenBar, last.fm, Clubvibes, Upcoming.org and many other local content providers. User-generated feedback for “real-time” activity about venues and events is also layered at the top of event listings throughout the platform.
New Features in the buzzd Application for BlackBerry Smartphones:
• Live Search which helps users find anything from an “Open Bar” to “Chinese Food”
• Compatible with BlackBerry® OS 4.2 and higher (including the BlackBerry® Pearl™ and BlackBerry® Curve™ series, as well as the BlackBerry® Storm™ and BlackBerry® Bold™ smartphones)
• Autodetection of location and proximity-based event recommendations
• Map integration
• Click-to-call venues
• Send events and listings to friends in your address book
• Add events to BlackBerry® Calendar
• Add venues to BlackBerry® Contacts
• Buzz updates also broadcast to Twitter
• Photobuzzing (tagging a photo from the camera to venue/event)
• 1.5 million venues available and over 50,000 events/month across US, UK, Canada