If you’re a big wine connoisseur, I have to recommend taking a tour of the vineyards of Israel. While the country isn’t particularly famous for its wine production, the climate is perfect for growing a wide variety of grapes. The North is somewhat cold and humid, while the South is hot and dry. In between lies a gradient of altitudes and temperatures that make for an excellent tour.
Natalie MacLean writes a newsletter for wine lovers and she’s recently launched her sommelier application for BlackBerry. The app works both online and offline, and offers more than 380,000 pairings.
To download the application, visit http://www.nataliemaclean.com/blackberry/ from you BlackBerry Browser. The app costs $2.99.
Here are some of Natalie MacLean’s 10 favorite Barbecue Food and Drink Matches:
* Planked salmon with Canadian or Oregonian Pinot Noir.
* Grilled portobello mushrooms with New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc.
* Shish-kebab lamb with Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon.
* Skewered chicken with Provencal Rose.
* Marinated pork chops with Italian Chianti.
* Barbecued spare ribs with Australian Shiraz.
* Grilled pepper steak with Rhone Valley Syrah.
* Herb-rubbed chicken with Argentine Malbec.
* Grilled hamburgers with Californian Zinfandel.
* Roasted marshmallows with German Late Harvest Riesling.
See Natalie Maclean’s site for more about wine tasting and pairing. Also, be sure to look for her app in App World.