The BlackBerry Partners Fund have announced the next four finalists in the 2009 BlackBerry Developer Challenge.
The next four finalists are:
- David by Turner Technologies
- Sid Meier’s Pirates by Concrete Software Inc
- CBS News by Handmark
- Market Simplified by Market Simplified Inc.
This brings the total finalists to 8. The previous four finalists were:
- Fierce Towers by Nickel Buddy
- Astraware Solitare by Handmark
- Expense Manager by Total Wireless Solutions
- Vision for YouTube by Metova
So far, of the 8 finalists, 3 are games. This is interesting considering games make up a small percentage of total BlackBerry content sales. Finalists were selected by a panel of judges based on the following criteria: compelling product or service; clearly defined value proposition, and; technical execution. Personally, I would like to see more utilities in the finalists. These apps are constantly improving the functionality of the device and need more recognition.
My next four choices are:
- vPost (their latest version includes screenshot functionality and a scribble feature)
- LaterDude Pro
- Poynt (with their new features, are they eligible to reapply?)
Who would you nominate for the Developer Challenge?