EasyTether is the simplest way to tether your BlackBerry to your Mac via Bluetooth. All you have to do is follow some basic setup procedures and run the application. Once your device and computer are connected, you can use your BlackBerry data plan to get Internet access.
- Enable Bluetooth and ensure you are in the data coverage area
- Set the device in discoverable mode
- Start EasyTether and turn on the Bluetooth PAN connection
- Start Bluetooth Setup Assistant (Bluetooth -> Set up Bluetooth Device)
- Select “Mobile phone” or “Any device” as a device type
- Wait until Mac OS X finds your BlackBerry
- Select the “Use device as a network port” service
You will only have to do this setup the first time. The company also has a caveat that due to limitations in Bluetooth stack on BlackBerry, the first attempt to connect will often fail. Just ignore the error message and re-connect.