The study reveals the following:
- Retrevo asked, “What makes a person most attractive to you?” iPhone owners preferred cool gadgets over a college degree three to one.
- One in three iPhone owners has texted or emailed their significant other to break up.
- One in three iPhone owners say that, if their partner had out-of-date gadgets, it would be a turnoff.
- One in five iPhone owners admits to frequently watching “adult material” on their iPhones. (Twice as many as BlackBerry owners).
- One in four iPhone users has broken up with their partner because that person spent too much time on their mobile device.
The study also notes that “Compared with other cell phone users, iPhone owners are more likely to see themselves as media buffs, extroverts, and intellectuals,” with 40% of iPhone users claiming to be “intellectual,” and only 36% of Blackberry users saying the same.