FileScout presented at the BlackBerry Developer Conference Final 16 in San Francisco and they have since updated their application. The latest updates include:
- Display of thumbnails in search result.
- Thumbnail-Options: New Button to generate all thumbnails for all images on your device.
- When resizing images to device resolution size you can now select to keep the aspect ratio of the original image.
- UserDefined resolution (image resizing) can be now be max 9999 pixel [but it's recommended not use more then 1200px].
- Support for DesktopManager Backup & Restore (FileScout settings).
- A ‘[W]‘ in the Screen Title indicating that the background threads (required for Search and other extended features) are still running (after FileScout is started) – once the threads are completed the ‘[W]‘ will disappear.
- Integration in the RIMs FileExplorer Application: a ‘Explore with FileScout’ MenuItem is added.
- Search files in the current Directory only function fixed to be usable multiple times.
- Potential OutOfMemeory Error during start of FileScout (when the thumbnail store is getting too large).
- Accessing OS5 System Folder for Bold, Bold2, Storm and Storm2.
- For all of you who are waiting to get a “fix” for the System folder on the Bold, Bold2, Storm and Strom2 on OS5.
- RIM confirmed that they made the System folder in OS5.x read only.
- FileScout (and all other 3′rd party applications) can only show the content of the System folder but can’t modify anything.