RIM have released Service Pack 1 for BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0 for Microsoft Exchange and IBM Lotus Domino. While BES 5.0 was an exciting launch back at WES 2009, many of the enterprise users we spoke to said they would wait for SP1 before buying, because they wanted to make sure RIM had gone through the first wave of feedback and bugs.
New to BES 5.0 with Service Pack 1 includes:
- BlackBerry device dashboard – Use the device dashboard to access the BlackBerry Monitoring Service which is now mobile friendly.
- Enhancements to the BlackBerry Administration Service – You can better manage user accounts, navigate search results and you can view user account info when add and manage apps.
- Enhancements to the BlackBerry Monitoring Service homepage – The homepage has been enhanced so you can view performance data and user statistics, graphs, messaging server mappings and overview info for BES components that are associated with all BES instances that the BMS monitors.
- Enhancements to the calendar sync process – You can now run a calendar sync process on a BES instance to find and correct differences between the calendar entries on the device and the desktop.
- More language support – BES is now available in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Japanese.
- Support for importing WiFi profiles and VPN profiles from a .CSV file – You can add, delete, or update the WiFi profiles and VPN prfiles that you assign to user accounts by importing a .csv file.
- Support for Microsoft SQL Server 2008.