RIM are rolling out two new apps for the enterprise market including IBM’s Lotus Quickr and Connections. These apps are intended to foster greater collaboration in an organization and do so by connecting users in a variety of ways.
Lotus Quickr brings the organization together by making libraries, folders and content easier to download. Lotus Connections allows users to build a community, share bookmarks and blog from their device. Combined, the apps should help foster a great sense of community in an organization.
Lotus Connections and IBM Lotus Quickr provides:
- An intuitive means of reaching out to discover expertise within an organization and to securely collaborate and stay connected with the team in real time even while away from the desk.
- A compelling user experience with the Lotus applications being deeply integrated with core BlackBerry functions.
- Ability to add colleagues to the collaboration applications with one click and automatic configuration.
The key advantages for the IT organization managing the end-user experience on the BlackBerry are:
- A simple-to-manage, unified control point.
- Administrator-friendly manageability and security.
- Control and awareness on how the company’s data flows.
- Ability to optimize the data that social networking services send to BlackBerry.