BuddyGuard let us know that they have released their Beta 5 of their app. BuddyGuard allows you to remotely secure and wipe your device in the event of theft or loss.
The app feature set includes:
- ALERT: Helps you find your misplaced phone by playing a loud tone, even if the phone is in silent or vibrate-only mode. In addition, it secures your phone by locking it and displaying your contact information.
- LOCK: Displays a screen contacting your contact information and locks your phone. BuddyGuard Will keep your BlackBerry locked until you enter your password, even if your phone is rebooted.
- LOCATE: Finds your BlackBerry using it’s GPS and sends you a link to the mapped location of your device.
- LIST: Sends you a listing of the data on your BlackBerry, which allows you verify what a Wipe will remove without actually deleting your data.
- WIPE: Remotely wipes your personal data from your BlackBerry, preventing unauthorized persons from accessing it. Removes Calendar, Contacts, Emails, Phone Logs, Memos, Tasks and Files on your SD Card and in Device Memory.
- HELP: Sends you a listing of the available commands via SMS or email. Useful when you’ve forgotten the set of supported commands.
Beta 2, v0.6.1.4:
- Added the Locate command which will reply with a link to the mapped location of your BlackBerry (requires device GPS support).
- Support sending command by email. message. BuddyGuard will detect the email, process the command and delete the email to ensure that no one can use it to discover your password.
- The Alert volume is now louder and tone is more noticeable.
- When using SMS to send messages, CDMA devices will now correctly send the response SMS. Previously in some cases the response SMS was failing.
- Several bug fixes, including a fix for email addresses of the form firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beta 3, v7.0.3:
- Uses your BuddyGuard password for the Lock command, enabling it to work even when no system password is set. Will display a screen with your contact information and a “Call Owner” button.
- Alert will now lock your BlackBerry and display the same contact information screen as the Lock command.
- The Wipe command has been enhanced to delete the files in Device Memory and on the SD Card.
- A “Welcome” email is sent to first time users, with how-to-use instructions and the list of available commands.
- More descriptive commands replies, including suggestions for other commands that may be relevant.
- Various bug fixes.
Beta 4, v0.7.1.6:
- Enhanced Alert sound to be more noticeable.
- Fixed exception that occurred during the phone reboot.
- Fixed Alert not playing on the 8330.
- Allow using the email subject line to send commands.
- Made the Locate command more reliable.
- Fixed Lock screen not being displayed.
Beta 5, v0.7.2.0:
- Enhanced Wipe command to delete entries for Calendar, MemoPad and Tasks.
- User is prompted if a BIS account is used for the Notification email (not recommended).
- Fixed “Send Us Feedback” menu item failure.
- No longer send “invalid password” replies on device reboot.
- Miscellaneous fixes.