BBleaks got the first images of the upcoming BlackBerry Slider, and while it’s not confirmed legitimate, it seems to have all the branding and makings of a BlackBerry. From the blurry images, we can see that the device has a trackpad, but we can’t confirm the touchscreen element but BBleaks seems pretty sure of it. This definitely looks like the device we heard about earlier from BGR, with the following specs:
- It’s a portrait-oriented slider. While most people assume a device with slideout keyboard would end up being something like HTC’s devices, we’ve been told this particular handset is more like the Palm Pre in terms of layout.
- The phone will run BlackBerry OS 6.0
- The rumored device will 100% support Wi-Fi 802.11n
- The resolution unfortunately has not improved, it is still 360×480.
- No word on if this will have a touch screen, but we’d assume so, and our source alluded to this possibly being what the rumored BlackBerry Magnum/Dakota evolved into. Not saying there won’t be a Bold-like device with touchscreen, optical trackpad, and physical keyboard, but this might be released first.
- If it does have a touch screen, this could in fact be the mythical BlackBerry Storm slider — picture a Storm 9520 with a slide up Bold-esque keyboard.
- The phone will not be a Verizon exclusive — it’s supposed to be a GSM/HSPA device.
What are your thoughts on a BlackBerry Storm slider? Is it something you’ve been waiting for, or is the hardware design turning you off?