Hive Mind Technologies have launched a new app called Ditto for BlackBerry. The app allows a user to send SMS messages to a group of users, acting as a text message chat server. When you SMS chat using Ditto, you can control how and if messages are sent to the group. Ditto allows you to hide the identity of members by replacing the members name with the word “anonymous” when it relays their messages to other members of the conversation. Ditto also allows you to omit a member’s identity completely. When a member is configured this way, the relayed message appears to originate from the member running Ditto.
Ditto also features:
- Control the ability of members to speak and listen to other members of the conversation.
- Listen mode can be set to “Listener Off” or “Listener”.
- When set to “Listener Off” that member will not receive messages from other members of the group, excluding the member running Ditto.
- When set to “Listener” that member will receive all messages sent from other members in the conversation.
- Speak mode can be set to “Speaker” or “Speaker Off”.
- When set to “Speaker” that member’s messages will be relayed to all other members of the conversation.
- When set to “Speaker Off” that member’s messages will not be relayed to all other members of the conversation, excluding the member running Ditto.
This is a cool app for people who use SMS a lot to chat with friends. Personally, I stick to BBM because a lot of my friends are also on BlackBerry, but there is always a few who are on feature phones.