The Official BlackBerry Twitter app isn’t too far away and the beta reviews weren’t great. Many of the complaints about the app were focused on the fact that it provided very little that other Twitter clients didn’t provide. The ability to Tweet from the messages folder, at first seems innovative, but we get the same functionality from SocialScope. Should RIM be developing first party applications at all?
In any case, there is some buzz about upcoming features in the Official BlackBerry Twitter client such as:
- General performance and speed improvements (I CANT WAIT!)
- Ability to edit a users profile
- Support for Twitter Lists
- Specific features added for OS 6.0 devices:
- Manual Address Book linking
- Setup Wizard integration
- Universal Search integration
Are you looking forward to the launch?