Kik Chat is a great service for anyone that uses a lot of SMS, as Kik allows for free Kik-to-Kik messaging, much like Skype does for calling. The company have some great projects on the way, including a music app which lets you share DRM-free music with your friends. I think it’s safe to assume that Kik Chat and the music app will be fully integrated, making it a cheap and easy way to communicate with your friends.
Features of Kik include:
- Just start texting any mobile phone number in your phone’s address book and Kik will automatically get it through. You can forget about requesting or following your friends, or trying to figure out who is and isn’t on Kik.
- Get unlimited, free texting to all Kik users. So send your friends a free Kik message telling them to join.
- Stay connected to non-Kik users with 50 free outgoing SMS messages a month (unlimited free incoming). Additional outgoing messages are less than a cent.
- Thanks to special arrangements with US and Canadian carriers, we send your Kik-to-Non-Kik messages through real mobile phone numbers. That guarantees fast delivery of every Kik-to-Non-Kik text.
- Kik took the time to develop an awesome app for both BlackBerry and iPhone. Now you can easily and reliably text your iPhone and BlackBerry friends for free.
- Your friends who haven’t yet joined Kik can reply without paying long distance SMS charges. How so? Kik automatically assigns you a local texting phone number in each country they support (currently US and Canada).
- Have time to read a message, but not respond? Don’t worry, Kik won’t rat you out. BBM users know why you’ll love this feature.
To get started, visit kik.com/m from your BlackBerry. Kik works with all iPhones, including the 3G and 3GS, and the BlackBerry Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Tour, 8300, 8500, 8800 and 8900, with more to come, including Android devices.
Kik are also offering 10,000 free Kik-to-Non-Kik messages. To get in on this deal, sign up for their newsletter, download the app and email your mobile phone number to email@example.com in the next 48 hours, from an email already subscribed to the newsletter.