Foursquare have just officially released version 1.8.2 of their BlackBerry app. The app is an incredible piece of BlackBerry developer craftsmanship that other companies should look towards for inspiration on their own applications. One of the most impressive things about the Foursquare app is that it barely, if at all, uses the BlackBerry menu, and instead has its own menu structure. The app therefore has a much more rich navigating experience, and this goes a long way to making a better user experience.
Download the latest update at foursquare.com/blackberry.
This update includes a lot of new features such as:
- Friends Page – Quickly see your own friends and discover new ones from your user profile page.
- Search – More prominent search. Now search is built into the top of the Places screen.
- “Me” Settings – Simplified user info & settings via the “Me” screen. You can now quickly manage friends, settings, and view your profile.
- My Check-in History – You can now view your check-in history from your “Me” screen.
- Connection – Improved connection support for a variety of carriers and corporate network configurations.
- UI – Updated UI including a unified look and feel.
- Small Tweaks and Fixes – foursquare is always listening to user feedback and making small fixes & tweaks along the way.
foursquare is always looking to hear back from its users. If you have any question/comments free free to email email@example.com.