biHeads is a software development company that has a ton of mobile experience helping companies such as RIM, Hewlett Packard, Redsky Mobile, Vaultus Mobile Technologies, Cellcrypt, EMC, S&H Medcom and others. The company makes apps for all smartphone platforms and they’ve recently announced a contest to give away $25,000 in development services for the best BlackBerry Super App idea. Be sure to check out all the details after the jump.
Have the perfect idea for a BlackBerry Super App and/or thinking of entering the BlackBerry Super Apps Developer Challenge for a chance to win the $1.5 million worth of prizes? If yes, bitHeads, a BlackBerry Alliance Elite Member, professional development partner and recognized mobile expert wants to help one lucky partner bring their vision of the perfect Super App to life. bitHeads is giving away $25,000 worth of BlackBerry software development services to the selected winner of the Super App contest. Contest submissions deadline is June 30th, 2010. (full contest details here)
How to enter and WIN!
1. Dream up a concept for the perfect BlackBerry Super App!
Criteria for a super App, according to BlackBerry includes:
1. Provides a user experience that transforms user behavior
2. An app that people use daily
3. Provides an always-on experience
4. Is proactive, notification-driven
5. Provides information that is contextualized and personalized
6. Seamless experience in or out of cell or wi-fi coverage
For additional details please refer to the Super App Criteria on the BlackBerry Website.
2. Submit your entry via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entries should include:
1. Detailed description of the application you want to have built, the functionality, along with any preliminary GUI designs, etc.
2. Identify the BlackBerry devices (and versions of OS) targeted for the proposed Super App
3. Provide relevant contact information including name, email and phone number
4. If applicable, please provide some brief information about you and/or your company and how you came up with the idea.
Interested parties should got to the dedicated landing Page located at http://www.bitheads.com/superappcontest/
It’s so simple… Dream, write/draw and submit to WIN!
1. Evaluation and selection of winning application will be based on the application which is felt to best exemplify the features of a Super App for BlackBerry Smartphones.
2. The Decision Panel will consist of a senior bitHeads mobile designer, a senior bitHeads mobile development manager and a representative of RIM. The winning entry chosen by the panel will be considered final.
3. Contest schedule: Applications will be accepted until June 30th 2010. The Winner will be notified by July 8th, 2010.
4. Proceeds of the contest ($25,000 Development Credit) are to be applied to the costs of bitHeads developing the application.
5. Application development must commence within 1 month of notification of winning contest
Contest winner will own the proprietary rights to the application and may do what they wish once proprietary rights have been transferred. Also, a Non Disclosure Agreement is available to sign, you may find this document on the Contest landing page or here.
About bitHeads…For over 10 years, bitHeads, BlackBerry Elite Alliance Member, has been helping companies like RIM, New York Time, Fandango, Vaultus Mobile Technologies, Cellcrypt and others quickly build mission-critical mobile applications for financial services, retail, media, games, enterprise and other industries.
We’re recognized experts at developing small form factor Graphical User Interfaces and applications for the BlackBerry®, iPhone®, Android®, Windows Mobile®, Palm Pre® and other mobile platforms. We have deep knowledge of J2ME, WAP/XML, SMS and other mobile communications technologies and we have the technical depth to securely integrate mission-critical mobile applications with large scale back-end systems.