BlackBerry is making some serious headway in Indonesia and Yahoo! are right there to ride the wave. Today, Yahoo! Messenger One app beta was launched and it’s a pretty feature-packed BlackBerry app. Yahoo! Messenger One is an all-in-one universal address book and communications hub that helps users to find, connect and communicate with friends whether it’s email, IM or SMS.
Other features include:
- Mobile registration: You can sign up for a new Yahoo! ID right from within Yahoo! Messenger One app. No PC/laptop needed.
- Unified inbox: Now you have all your email, IM and SMS conversations in one easy-to-use-and-access inbox, you can always keep track of all your conversations, hassle free.
- Native address book syncing: Simply upload your contacts to Yahoo! so you can access them from one place, anywhere.
- Message archive and search: With all your conversations stored in the cloud, you will never have to worry about losing your messages or having to delete them ever again.
- IM and SMS chats: You can still chat with you contacts even if they are not on Yahoo! by using SMS (presently supported for Indonesian and US mobile contacts only).
- News Content: Lets you always stay up to date with the latest news, and you can share articles with your friends.
Yahoo! Messenger One will be rolled out first in Indonesia and available in Bahasa Indonesian (the local language). The app is currently available for the Blackberry Bold 9000, 9700, Blackberry Curve 8900 and Blackberry Tour 9630.
To download, go to http://m.yahoo.com/one to download the app and try it out.