BlackBerry Shield is an interesting program that will be really beneficial to BlackBerry users everywhere. The service is centered around helping users find their lost or stolen devices. This sort of service is available to enterprise users through companies such as Zenprise, as well as it’s already available to consumers through companies such as SmrtGuard. Actually, it’s sort of strange how incredibly similar BlackBerry Shield and SmrtGuard are. Hit up after the jump for more features and images.
Features of BlackBerry Shield include:
- Remote Device Wipe – Users will be able to remove all data from the device and memory card remotely
- Display ‘Lost & Found’ – Information to display on screen should the device be lost or stolen
- Remote Password – Ability to remotely set a password for the device
- Device Tracking – Remotely track your device via GPS
- Remote Backup – Backup/restore of the device data
From the recent leaks, we’re hearing that there will be a web and mobile interface. Overall, this service is going to be really helpful to all users and will provide BlackBerry with a competitive advantage over the other smartphones.