The official Twitter for BlackBerry app is coming out of Beta over the course of tonight and tomorrow. The app started in beta in April and it was a huge success. At the official Twitter conference, Chirp, we heard some interesting statistics that pertain to the official Twitter app:
- 300K new Twitter users per day, 8% of daily signups are coming via the new Twitter for BlackBerry app.
- 1.7% of tweets came from Twitter for BlackBerry during the beta. That’s about 850,000 tweets per day.
With the full launch of the application, we won’t see any major updates, but rather a lot of language support. The following languages will be supported:
• Portuguese EU
This version will also feature the ability to access any user’s profile from anywhere in the application using auto-complete functionality for followers.
Here are the feature lists from the original beta launch and the update that happened in May:
Features at launch:
• Push Notifications for Direct Messages
• Timeline Support
• Following and Followers
• Posting, Sending, Deleting , Replying and Retweeting Tweets
• User/Saved/Keyword/Proximity Search
• Tweet Photos/Links
• Trending Topics
• Seamless integration into core BlackBerry applications
• URL Shortening
New features during the beta:
• Quote Tweets (editing retweets)
• Auto Complete for @ usernames
• View Photos from Yfrog & Tweetphoto
• View Geotagged Tweets
• Personal Info Guard
• Hotkeys for Navigation
• Report as Spam
Keep an eye out for the full launch of Twitter for BlackBerry tonight and tomorrow in App World in the social networking category. Hopefully the full version will bring as much positive news as the beta, and with additional language support, Twitter themselves might see a boost in user accounts internationally.