Millennial Media, an independent mobile ad network that reaches 82% of the US mobile audience, has released their monthly Mobile Mix report tomorrow. The report contains details on the different leading mobile devices, operating systems, developer categories and more. There are some interesting BlackBerry related figures such as the fact that the current report shows BlackBerry apps represented 11% of the US Developer Platform Usage Mix. This was an increase of 9%, and represents the increased importance app developers are placing on the BlackBerry platform.
Other relevant key points include:
- The Android OS continued its huge growth on the Millennial network, and grew another 47% month-over-month. Since January, Android has grown 690%. Android also officially became the number two OS on the Millennial network (surpassing RIM)
- Apple ad requests increased 24% month-over-month and are up 15% since January.
- iPad ad requests grew 327% month-over-month.
- Shopping and retail apps entered into the top 10 Mobile App Channels, perhaps reflecting a potential back-to-school trend.
- Smartphones and connected devices increased their impression share 7%, and now represent 68% of the total impression share. This is an example of the continued demand consumers have for a rich media experience they cannot get on a feature phone.