First Orion has released PrivacyStar 2.0, a popular app that provides call blocking, caller ID via reverse Caller Lookup and the ability to report Do Not Call violators in the United States and Canada. The latest version of PrivacyStar features a completely redesigned UI, as well as the ability to report unfair debt collection practices and support for BlackBerry OS 6. The app also features:
- Caller Lookup – PrivacyStar Caller Lookup allows a user to identify unknown callers by name and take appropriate action, such as adding to the contacts list or Privacy List.
- SmartBlock – Employs crowdsourced data from PrivacyStar users to automatically block the top offenders – kept current according to user activity.
- Do Not Disturb – Forwards all non blocked incoming calls to voicemail and sends a custom text message acknowledging the call.
- Report Potential Telemarketing and Debt Collection Violations – Upon the user’s request, PrivacyStar captures detailed information about possible violations including date, time, number and identity. PrivacyStar allows users to easily provide this information to law enforcement authorities so they may take action
- Web Portal – Utilize the fully integrated personal web portal to manage the PrivacyStar account, block and unblock callers, and perform number look-ups. The portal also provides additional details on violations