Today, Seregon Solutions announced the availability of DragonRAD 4.0 – a rapid application development environment that simplifies and reduces the time and cost of developing enterprise applications for BlackBerry. DragonRAD helps developers integrate and sync backend systems with BlackBerry Platform features such as contacts, calendars, payments, location-based services, maps, camera, media players, and more. Features of the DragonRAD mobile development platform include:
- Easy-to-use drag and drop design environment;
- Flexible multimedia screen layouts;
- Support for all BlackBerry smartphones, OS releases (4.3 and later), and screen resolutions;
- Camera-based barcode scanning;
- Seamless integration with all SQL databases and Web Services (using custom data connectors);
- One-button publish for over-the-air delivery;
- Powerful data triggers, event handlers, and push notification.
DragonRAD is available today as a free download from dragonrad.com/download. The Free version is fully featured and allows the development and testing of an unlimited number of applications but is limited to deployment to only two users.
Seregon is sponsoring the BlackBerry Developer Conference being held in San Francisco September 27 to 30, and will be exhibiting at booth #302.