Emacberry let us know that new versions of LittleBrother (v0.5.0.5), GPSiesConnect (v0.9) and Iconify (v1.4.8) have been released. Also, FileScout v2.1.1 is currently on sale until the end of October so if you’re looking to purchase, now might be a good time. Check out the full change logs after the jump.
LittleBrother is the ZERO-Power Consuming Tracking Solution. A lot of new functionality has been added as well as OS 6 features.
What’s new in LittleBrother v0.5.0.5?
- LittleBrother now supports the definition of up to 50 different Sectors – each Sector can have it’s own recipient (list) and own custom IN- & OUT-Messages.
- Select a list of CellTowers (from the Local CellTower DB) and define a new Sector from this selection – The IN and OUT Sector calculation will then work on the base of the selected CellTowers.As long as you are connected to one of the CellTowers from the list LittleBrother treat this as IN-Sector as soon as the phone connects to a different CellTower the OUT-of-Sector message will be send to the defined recipient(s).
- When you realize that an additional CellTower should be added to a CellTowerList based Sector then this CellTower can be added to an existing Sector via the LocalCellTowerDB List (via the #Menu)
- For CellTowerList based Sectors an overview map could be displayed.
- Delete a CellTower from a CellTowerList based Sectors at any time.
- Additional checkbox for Out of Sector-Notifications: Notify after device reboot [OFF by default] – What does this mean? With the new feature to define multiple sectors the possibility that you are outside of one or more of these sectors is quite high. This would mean when you reboot your device (or do a battery pull) that LittleBrother would send to all recipients of these sectors the the Out of Sector-Notification. In order to disable the notification for a sector on a device reboot the checkbox can be unchecked.
- When displaying a CellTowerLocation via the BlackBerryMaps popup then this map can be ZOOMED-IN [Key: i] and ZOOMED-OUT [Key: o].
- GUI-Enhancements (like in all other emacberry.com applications: InputFields with Border etc…)
“GPSies – Tracks for Vagabonds” is a great website where a very large community shares tracks for any purpose. GPSiesConnect allows you to directly access the GPSies.com database. Search for tracks for your sports and leisure activities. Download tracks in various formats to use them with other applications (like GPSLogger) on your BlackBerry.
What’s New in GPSiesConnect v0.9
- Preferred Network selection [AUTO, WiFi, BES, BIS, WAP2, TCP] – Finally GPSies should work with all possible environments (and not only with BES)
- Complete new internal HTTP-Engine
- GUI-CleanUp: All input fields will now come with a border. DirectoryChooser will finally show again System Folder for OS5+ devices. Wider row distance when rendering lists on a TouchSceen devices and much more…
- In general: Most development experience and enhancements I have made over the last year have now found their way also in GPSiesConnect (only a few are still missing – like support for Backup & Restore)
Multiple connection issues and much more…
The basic principle of Iconify is to allow you to create quick access links to all of your favorite contacts and websites, making you and your BlackBerry more efficient. This Version will now finally work with any network infrastructure such as WiFi, BES, BIS, WAP or plain TCP.
What’s New/Fixed in Iconify v1,4.8?