The BlackBerry Bold 9780 is official and the biggest selling feature for this device is the better camera, additional Flash memory and of course, BlackBerry 6. Considering there doesn’t seem to be much new with this device and the differentiation with the 9700 isn’t all that great, initial price points do seem a little high. Features of the device include:
- Premium design and finish
- Brilliant, high resolution color display (480 x 360 pixels, 2.44” diagonal measurement) with support for over 65,000 colors
- HSDPA support (3.6 Mbps)
- Built-in GPS and Wi-Fi with UMA support (802.11 b/g)
- 5 MP camera (JPEG Encoding, CMOS) with Auto focus, Image stabilization, Flash and 2X Digital Zoom.
- 512 MB Flash, microSDHC memory card slot (up to 32 GB)
- 624 MHz processor
- BlackBerry 6, the new operating system for BlackBerry smartphones which includes:
- Crisp, more immersive visuals, including new icons, graphics and animations
- New WebKit browser; it’s high-fidelity and very efficient, with tabbed browsing
- Graphical, context-sensitive pop-up menus
- Redesigned core apps, plus a new multimedia UI and new apps for downloading podcasts, watching YouTube videos, and integrating RSS and social networking feeds
The Bold 9780 is going to be available from various carriers beginning in November, and we have learned already that T-Mobile will offer the device November 17 for $129.99 with a two-year contract and after a $50 mail-in rebate.