AstraSync is a BlackBerry sync app that provides 2-way OTA sync of email, calendar and contact data with Exchange ActiveSync compatible servers including Microsoft Exchange, Hotmail & Windows Live, MailSite Fusion, Exchange Online, BPOS, CommuniGate Pro, Zimbra, Scalix, FirstClass, Open-Xchange, Kerio MailServer, SmarterMail, Axigen, Google Sync and Gmail. With AstraSync 4.2 public beta, the service now supports alert profile integration through Monitor for BlackBerry, meeting request creation, email content encryption, kinetic scrolling and more performance settings for power users.
The following improvements have been made in AstraSync 4.2 Beta over AstraSync 4.1:
- Closer integration with the device OS through Monitor (A new monitoring program for BlackBerry). Providing integrated device profile alerts for new messages including LED notifications, unread count and icon notifications. Monitor also provides better network availability awareness and faster performance.
- Support for creation of meetings requests.
- Email content encryption.
- Kinetic scrolling of the message list on touch screen devices.
- Leaner, faster message store system.
- More performance settings for power users including control of Direct Push behavior, email truncation size, PIM status checks and AutoDiscover.
To download this version, visit the AstraSync beta portal with your BlackBerry browser at astrasync.com/beta.