As it was previously rumored, the WES conference in Orlando has been renamed and is now called the BlackBerry World Conference. The name goes along with “App World” and the general global strategy that RIM has for the BlackBerry brand. The conference will feature keynotes from leading mobile thinkers, over 100 breakout sessions, Hands-on Labs, BlackBerry training, and opportunities for certification.
Attendees of BlackBerry World will also be able to:
- Hear the most current information about the BlackBerry solution, new application partners, and roadmaps for the future
- See live demonstrations of the BlackBerry solution at work
- Get answers from BlackBerry experts to develop value-driven wireless solutions, as well as carriers and vendors who can help provide valuable wireless research information
- Meet and connect with key executives who are making the BlackBerry solution part of their business planning, and the industry leaders who are shaping the future of global wireless technology
- Get training on the BlackBerry platform, with additional opportunities for technical certification
The conference will take place in Orlando from May 3rd to May 5th, 2011. Registration will begin in January. For more information, see the Inside BlackBerry post.
The question on everyone’s mind: is Will.i.am going to be there AGAIN?