RIM and Amazon.com launched the Amazon MP3 app for BlackBerry with a catalog of over 14 million songs. The content is only available to users in the US, which is pretty dissapointing for Canadian users but nothing new. It could be that RIM legal and Amazon haven’t tailored the content for Canadians and Europeans yet, much like iTunes does, and the app will come soon.
The app allows users to browse, preview, download, store, and tell friends about their favorite music. Other features include:
- Download music via Wi-Fi or over the air (OTA)
- Browse by what’s new, deals, top songs, top albums, genres, and sub genres
- Check back every day for the Free Song of the Day and Daily Deal album
- Preview a 30-second sample before you buy
- Tell friends about your favorites via BBM, email, SMS, Socials Feeds, Facebook, and Twitter
- Bookmark a song and come back to it whenever you’re ready for a preview or download.
- Integrated with BlackBerry smartphone features and functions, including Universal Search and Media Library
Amazon MP3 for BlackBerry is available in beta for BlackBerry users in the U.S. on BlackBerry App World in the Test Center.