ActiveTrak, the makers of GadgetTrak, has recently announced their latest product GadgetTrak Mobile Security 3. The software offers many of the same features that come with BlackBerry Protect, but it extends the service a little further, allowing you to protect your laptop as well. Other features of the software include:
- GadgetTrak Mobile Security 3 is designed to leverage the native capabilities present on smartphones and media tablets to offer the best possible protection for the widest range of mobile devices
- Remotely wipe personal data stored on your device such as photos, email, contacts and SMS messages
- Encrypt photos and contacts using government grade encryption (AES 256) and back them up in a secure location
- Locate your device using a combination of GPS, Wi-Fi positioning and cell tower positioning, even if the device is indoors
- Once activated, the software settings cannot be modified on the device and will even notify the device owner if the SIM card changes
- The owner can remotely trigger the device to emit a loud siren that can be a theft deterrent or help find a missing phone, even if the phone is set to silent mode
GadgetTrak Mobile Security 3 is part of the GadgetTrak security software suite, so BlackBerry users can also add protection to their Mac and Windows laptops and other mobile devices on other platforms into the same account. The laptop security has some unique features such as silently taking a picture from the onboard camera.
GadgetTrak Mobile Security for smartphones and tablets sells for $19.95 per year; the laptop version is $34.95 per year. Check out GadgetTrak Mobile Security 3 for free on a 30-day trial.