Verizon is running the V CAST: Power Your Apps contest and you can vote for your favorite app directly from your device. Developers from around the US are competing to be featured as the customer favorite in Verizon Wireless retails stores and on the Media Store online. Vote for your favorite app by trying and rating it in V CAST Apps. The app with the highest cumulative rating wins.
Here’s how to vote:
1. Open the V CAST Apps application (assuming it’s compatible with your device.
2. Look for the V CAST Apps icon VCAST icon
3. Accept the Terms and Conditions and continue to the V CAST Apps menu.
4. Open the “Apps Contest” category and download one or more of the apps that you like best.
5. Launch and rate your downloaded apps from the My Apps folder.
6. Once you rate your apps, your vote has been recorded.
Hit the jump to check out the 5 finalists:
The Five Finalist Apps are:
Color Connect – Discover the world around you and get to know the people in it. Set your status. Express yourself. Give back to the community. Color Connect, the easy way to meet.
Droplat – Droplat is a location-based file sharing service, that enables users to share public files with others nearby.
Car Locator for Power Your Apps Contest – Save your location when you park and Car Locator will help you locate and find it using a radar, map or split view.
Call Control Free Trial – Block spam calls before they ring with Call Control, the first application for BlackBerry® that automatically identifies and blocks telemarketing calls.
Smarter Alarm for Verizon Power Your App Contest – Smarter Alarm is a better way to wake up every morning. Instead of hearing an annoying alarm, you’ll wake up to the voice of a robotic British woman who will read personalized information to you.