Xobni launched a free version of its contact management app for BlackBerry a few weeks ago and they let us know that they’ve had an incredible amount of uptake since. In two weeks, Xobni says they’ve seen over 100,000 downloads of their free version.
The free version of Xobni is great for anyone who wants more control over their Address Book. Xobni’s free version has a couple fewer features and displays ads for the Pro version of Xobni, but they give you the core functionality of the app for free. With the pro version, you get:
- Export Xobni Contacts to the BlackBerry address book with one click – The #1 requested feature.
- Universal Search support for OS 6.0+ – making your Xobni Contacts even more accessible.
- Advanced Search by company name and professional titles from social profiles ensures you can always find exactly what you need.
- Keyboard shortcuts allow you to use all the shortcuts you are accustomed to.
- No Pro ads nor product limits.
It would be interesting to know what kind of conversion rates Xobni is seeing with their free to paid users. While having a free version is great for getting the word out and promoting downloads, converting those users to paid is not a science.