Both WorldMate and RIM let us know about a new partnership to create the BlackBerry Travel app. In an email from WorldMate, the company states: “WorldMate and BlackBerry have partnered to evolve your travel experience with the new BlackBerry Travel app – available now in US, Canada, UK and Spain. More countries & languages will be available throughout 2011.”
The app is an all-in-one travel service that allows you to search for travel options; plan and manage flight itineraries; book hotels, transportation and other activities; and tap into your social networks by connecting with friends and family while traveling. Features include:
- Itinerary Management – View, create, and edit current and future itinerary items including flight, hotel, car rental, meetings, public transportation and more.
- Automatic Trip Catch – Never manually enter an itinerary! BlackBerry Travel automatically acknowledges email itineraries sent to your BlackBerry email address and populates the details into the BlackBerry travel app
- Social Sharing – Easily view, search and connect with LinkedIn contacts traveling to the same location
- Notifications & Alerts – Receive push-based notifications and alerts for itinerary updates, flight reminders/alerts and connections information
- Flight Schedules – Find flight schedules by city, airport and date
- Hotel Search & Book – Search and book hotels, and rank results based on location, price and quality
- Local Search – Search for local dining, shopping, nightlife and more, with access to maps, reviews and click-to-call via a Yelp-powered local search tool
- Tools – Easily access world clocks, currency converters, weather, flight status updates and maps from one app!