RIM’s subsidiary Alt-N Technologies has announced their MDaemon Messaging Server, the BlackBerry Edition. The mail server is a low cost, Windows-based MDaemon Messaging server for small-to-mid-sized businesses. Features of the messaging server include:
- Email instantly pushed to the user’s BlackBerry smartphone via BlackBerry push technology
- Wirelessly synchronized calendar, contacts, email folders and personal distribution lists between the MDaemon messaging server and BlackBerry smartphones
- Flag an email for follow-up from a BlackBerry smartphone
- Send and respond to meeting invitations from a BlackBerry smartphone
- Look up a colleague’s calendar availability from a BlackBerry smartphone
- Edit attachments using Documents To Go® on a BlackBerry smartphone
- Search for emails on the MDaemon Messaging Server from a BlackBerry smartphone
- IT policy management and controls for BlackBerry smartphones; designed for small-to-mid-sized business environments
- Remote lock or wipe of a BlackBerry smartphone’s content in the event that the device is lost or stolen
- Integrated MDaemon Instant Messaging for complete and flexible inter-office communications
- Encrypted data transmission between BlackBerry smartphones and the messaging server using Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) and Triple Data Encryption Standard (Triple DES)
The BlackBerry Edition MDaemon Messaging Server costs US$380 for a 6-user license and can be installed on a server running Windows 7, Windows 2008, Windows Vista or Windows 2003, or on a desktop computer running Windows XP.
For more information, or to download, visit mdaemon-mail-server.com.