Bplay has undergone a massive overhaul in what they’re calling version 2.0 (actually the site has been around for so long you could say it’s version 6.0). The site is looking much better and comes with a great deal more functionality. New features include:
- International coverage for pay-by-mobile options! Our customers are on BlackBerry devices all around the globe, so now we’ve made it easier to bill your purchases to your phone in over 30 countries worldwide, with more countries being added all the time. No credit card? No problem!
- Simplified checkout and default payment options! Enter your billing preferences once, with no need to change them until you want to, so grabbing the latest theme or a new app takes only a moment.
- Enhanced device and OS detection! This launch includes our super cool device detector, which lets you quickly scan a QR code from our desktop site to tailor your shopping experience to your particular BlackBerry model and OS. Yes, we now support multiple OS versions on the same handset (hello upgraded 9700s and 9800s!).
- A cleaner and faster mobile experience, re-designed from the ground up for modern mobile browsers
- Tons of account management tools and easy access to your download links
Bplay is also aligning itself more with the developer requirements for App World, in the sense that they’re making it just as easy, if not more easy, to upload your app to Bplay. So if you have an app and you’d like to create a new revenue stream, ping them and submit. You’ve got nothing to lose and more revenue to potentially generate.