We’ve been talking about Mobihand’s AppVerse for some time now and the system has been rolled out to BlackBerryCool’s store. AppVerse allows you to share and discover apps through your social graph as well as build your online app profile.
The system still seems like it’s in Beta even though it’s fully funcitonal. While the concept is great, we’d like to see improvements with some site functionality such as making profile pictures easier to upload (they cut off and don’t specify sizes), allowing you to set specific Twitter sharing options (also not limited to 140), and a better way to connect with friends (eg Twitter).
Some of the features you’ll find include:
- Find and follow people they know and recommended AppVerse community leaders.
- Invite their friends to join AppVerse.
- Share their app purchases, ratings, and reviews.
- Ask questions about apps – get advice and info from other users.
- Link to their Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Interact with app developers (who receive notifications when users review or comment on their apps).
- Click to purchase any app they discover.
- Earn discounts and free apps (coming soon).
Head over to store.blackberrycool.com to check it out.