RIM has made BlackBerry Theme Studio 6 Gold Release available for download. Theme Studio 6 comes with a cleaner and simpler user interface that lets you customize many different aspects of the device including backgrounds, sound effects and ringtones, icons and menus, and fonts. You can also add animations and screen transitions to the device with Theme Studio.
The question a lot of theme artists probably have on their mind is: what is the future of theme content? Will there be themes for the PlayBook and the future QNX devices? Considering how huge the theme market is in App World, it would probably be a bad move to axe them. Themes are also a competitive advantage for RIM as none of the other smartphones provide the same level of customization.
Hit the jump to read more about the Theme Studio 6 release. Another thing to note, and we’re not sure why, but RIM has 2 download links for Theme Studio. One for commercial and one for personal. It may just be a user agreement thing.
Among the new features in Theme Studio 6 are:
- A new user interface for Theme Builder that lets you click on any item on the preview and directly edit its settings.
- The Background Wizard that makes it easy to add dynamic wallpapers to your theme.
- New productivity features that allow you to batch update all of the graphics in a theme automatically and also change fonts across multiple phone screens automatically.
- A new export option that makes it simple for professional designers to offer themes through BlackBerry App World.
- Support for the BlackBerry 6 devices, including the new BlackBerry Torch and BlackBerry Style smartphones, and new BlackBerry 6 UI elements like the graphic context menus.
Theme Studio continues to be compatible with popular graphic design tools such as Adobe Photoshop and Corel Paint Shop Pro.
For commercial use, visit blackberry.com/themestudio.
For personal use, visit us.blackberry.com/apps-software/themestudio/.