Mobile point of sale solutions are making some great headway these days, especially since Twitter co-founder Jack Dorsey started Square and raised over $100 million. The latest BlackBerry solution is by Payfirma, and it offers some reasonable rates. Keep reading after the jump for more details.
With Payfirma, you can accept credit cards on your BlackBerry by entering the number on the device. After entering, you can instant authorization and next-day settlement. The rates are 1.99% plus $0.25 per transaction. This isn’t bad when you compare it to Square, which is taking a hit on transaction revenue to increase growth. Square currently charges 3.5% plus $0.15 when a number is keyed in and 2.75% plus $0.15 when swiped.
Features of Payfirma’s BlackBerry app include:
- Accepts all major credit card quickly and securely
- Fully PCI compliant, no card data is stored on the device
- Optional card swiper ensures full encryption of card data (COMING SOON!)
- Handle all Sales, Refunds, and Pre-Authorized payments instantly from your phone
- Capture digital signatures (COMING SOON!)
- Email receipts right from the app
- Powerful real-time reporting through our online portal as well as manage unlimited sub-users
To get started, simply download the free app and visit this link to take your account from demo mode to live.