Before we talk about the YellowPages app, let us say “please get rid of your giant waste of space YellowPages book.” Does anyone know what purpose that big yellow book serves other than as a door-stop? The future of YellowPages is web and mobile and the BlackBerry app has taken a huge step in the right direction by adding local deals. Hit the jump for more details.
The new YellowPages app now features the ability to let you search, find, read reviews, and save with coupons all from your BlackBerry. The only caveat is that YellowPages can’t guarantee that the business will accept the coupon, and they ask you to call ahead and make sure the deal is valid. This comes up a lot with services such as Foursquare, when someone in the organization sets a deal but doesn’t effectively communicate the deal to all the employees.
Features of the YellowPages app:
- Search 16MM+ businesses quickly by typing or browsing popular categories including restaurants, movie theatres, banks, gas stations, and more.
- Quick links to top categories let you find businesses fast.
- Location detection pinpoints where you are to automatically deliver nearby search results.
- Conduct a search while in map view and get turn by turn directions
- Found the business you’re looking for? Access comprehensive business listings including ratings, reviews, business details, open hours, and click to call or view website.
- Browse through coupons and discounts for great money-saving local deals.
- Redeem deals directly from your phone.
- Save your favorite deals to “My Stuff” for easy access.