Microsoft SharePoint is an essential tool for many large organizations and for a long time RIM hasn’t had much support for it. In the meantime, many organizations have looked to solutions such as WICKSoft, a company that we have covered extensively on BBCool. More about RIM’s SharePoint solution after the break.
RIM now has a BlackBerry client for Microsoft SharePoint and it provides an integrated solution that runs on top of the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. Features include:
- Client app integration with core BlackBerry features and functions such as email, calendar, browser, and Universal Search providing an intuitive user experience
- Check-out, check-in, and versioning of files reflected on the SharePoint server
- Microsoft Office document editing using Documents To Go® (pre-installed on BlackBerry smartphones) to download, create, revise and upload documents
- Access to Blogs, Wikis and Lists and the ability to update from a BlackBerry smartphone
- Content searches across multiple SharePoint sites from a BlackBerry smartphone
More information about the BlackBerry client for Microsoft SharePoint available at blackberry.com/sharepoint.