Plastic Mobile is an agency specializing in mobile based in Toronto and New York. The company has recently launched a new AIR MILES app that takes many elements of foursquare, including checking-in to businesses, and builds an AIR MILES points earning and spending experience on top. AIR MILES has been around for some time now and the whole program has been in need of a mobile campaign like this for some time. While the checkin space is a little exhausting, it does seem to align well with AIR MILES. What we don’t see in the app, is some features around the flying experience.
Watch the YouTube intro for the app.
The Air Miles app features the following:
- Check your AIR MILES account balances.
- Get easy access to your account number (turn your phone sideways from every screen!)
- View an interactive Sponsor map of your current location. Zoom in and out to see all of the Sponsors nearby. Need to call the location or get directions? You can do that too!
- Never miss an opportunity to earn. The redesigned offer section delivers bonus offers from your favourite Sponsors.
- Improved browsing of our complete Dream rewards catalogue and you can email yourself a link to redeem for your favourite reward.
- Play the Check-in Challenge – it’s a game that ranks the number of Check-ins you do at AIR MILES Sponsor locations against other AIR MILES Collectors each month. At the end of the month, the top 50 Collectors with the highest number of Check-ins will get a Check-in Bonus.
Can we get this for BlackBerry? The Android app should be submitted for PlayBook.