Runtastic has been making the news a lot lately with its recent move into the hardware space. The company has a suite of fitness applications for BlackBerry and iOS and with the hardware business, it will become a well-rounded fitness company. Runtastic has recently updated its BlackBerry app too. The app now features a new design as well as increased accuracy in its location services. The new Runtastic app is much more user friendly and all around a solid app.
Along with the graphic improvements, the performance of the app has been much improved. Runtastic has said the focus of development improved the stability, accuracy, reliability and usability of the app. The app’s increased accuracy and exact tracking of altitude provides detailed information of your activities and sports tracking everytime you work out. Like other runtastic apps you have instant analysis of your performance on both the app and on the runtastic fitness site which can be viewed right after completing an activity. App highlights are:
- Completely new and improved design
- Improved GPS tracking and exact elevation computation
- Full support of BlackBerry OS7 devices
- Dashboard (configurable session information on main screen)
- Split table showing detailed information for each split of an activity