Wikitude is a leader in augmented reality applications for smartphones and the company has recently launched a major new feature with its augmented reality app for BlackBerry. The feature is called myWorld and lets you create your own augmented reality points of interest. For example, you could create a “Dive Bars in the City” where when launched, someone gets a view of all the best dive bars in your city. Check it out and make a myWorld that will help people discover the best of the best.
Features of the Wikitude app include:
- Create your very own AR World and share it with your friends, meaning you see their favorite Places, and they see yours
- Find events, tweets, Wikipedia articles, ATMs, restaurants, user reviews and much more around you
- Interact with your BBM contacts and discover new BBM users around you like you have never done before.
- Experience places near you in augmented reality or show them on a map or list view
- Browse more than 150 million places and interactive content from more than 2,500 content providers or so called “Worlds”
- Explore and identify places and objects around you
- Search for specific places, for example “thai restaurant”
- Find mobile coupons and discounts for stores and shops near you
Watch the video below for an idea of how Wikitude mWorld works.