Vehicle Counters and Monitoring System by HedoneDesign is a suite of vehicle gauges for BlackBerry 7 and Playbook devices. HedoneDesign has come up with a very sleek vehicle gauge app that will make your in-vehicle Playbook installation dreams a reality. VCMS has been recently update to version 2.0 with a host of improvements and new features.
I’m a fan of HedoneDesign’s themes as they have the look of a modern control panel complete with vehicle inspired gauges. It seems only fitting that he would make a vehicle gauge app. VCMS uses your GPS to determine all sorts of useful status for your vehicle.
Here are some of the features:
- Odometer (dual (A, B) counter with reset function)
- Latitude and Longitude (Where am I)
- Altitude (How high am I)
- Speed (speed meter, speedometer)
- Angle (left / right – forward / backward) when not driving
- Day / Night mode
- Calibration for angle meter
- Speed units (km/h, mph, knots)
- Trip units (km, mi, nmi)
- Altitude units (meter, feet)
- Override device backlight timeout