If you’re an iPhone 5 user, there’s a few things about BlackBerry 10 that you’ll find interesting. Granted, there’s definitely some things that you would miss if you switched, such as the obvious app gap with Netflix, Instagram and more missing from the app list. But there are also some really great features about BlackBerry 10 such as the unparalleled typing experience that you’ll really appreciate. We’ve put together 5 cool BlackBerry Z10 features that may get you to switch.
1. Typing Experience – The iOS keyboard still sucks. Autocorrect is still an issue and my friends with iPhones are consistently sending me emails with typos. Personally, I’ve always hated BlackBerry’s virtual keyboards but this one is completely different. The spelling correction is great and it only gets better with time.
2. Standard Connections – Aren’t you tired of how Apple constantly changes its connections and renders all accessories useless? If you’re an iPhone 5 user, how often have you asked someone “do you have a spare charger?” only for them to pull out the non-Lightning charger. With the BlackBerry Z10, you’ve got a standard Micro-USB charger that’s compatible with even Android devices.
3. Multiple Screens – As mentioned above, one of the great things about BB10 is standard connections, including HDMI. You can not only share your screen with the standard HDMI, but you can even share your mobile screen over BBM. This is going to have some really interesting implications for business and consumers.
4. Maps – The new BlackBerry 10 maps are powered by Tom Tom and they’re impressive. The map app comes with the ability to view traffic as well as set favorites for easy and quick navigation. If you’re tired of your crApple Maps and easy navigation is important to you, consider switching to BlackBerry 10.
5. Bigger Screen – If you’re an iPhone 5 user, you’ll definitely appreciate the bigger screen as it was probably one of the reasons you upgraded. The BlackBerry Z10 has an even bigger screen, but not ridiculously big like the Samsung Note. It’s still manageable but gives you more space to do the things you love.