Skype has just landed on BlackBerry 10 for the first time. Making it’s debut on the Q10, Skype will support the Z10 as soon as OS 10.1 is launched in the coming weeks.
Skype is the ubiquitous IM, voice and video calling app that put VOIP on the map a few years ago. With traditionally terrible BlackBerry support, Skype has finally launched a fully functional app that rivals the desktop client.
Here are Skype’s main features:
- Skype to Skype IMs, video and voice calls are free* over 3G or WiFi.
- Make low-cost calls and send SMS messages to mobiles or landlines from your BlackBerry® smartphone.
- Send pictures, videos and files to any of your contacts.
- Enjoy high-quality sound when you call anyone else who is on Skype.
- Talk face to face or show what you’re seeing with front and rear-facing cameras.
- Talk to your Windows Live Messenger friends on Skype. Sign in to Skype with your Microsoft account and have your Messenger, Hotmail and Outlook contacts in one place.
- Unlike rival VOIP, teleconference and chat solutions, nearly everyone you know has a Skype account