There’s a new product for BlackBerry Server Admins called IT Manager and it gives admins the ability to remove/wipe devices, view IT policies, setting passwords and much more. It reminds us of the very popular Mobile Admin by RoveIT, a company which was acquired somewhat recently to become Solarwinds. Check out the full post for a full feature list and free trial.
IT Manager allows admins to manage their BES from their BlackBerry devices. It can be downloaded now from BlackBerry World and supports the BlackBerry Z10, Q10, Bold, Curve and Torch devices.
This is a very handy app for making changes to your BES without having to go into the office. The app is easy to use and requires no server changes to setup.
- Creating & Deleting Users
- Setting User Activation Passwords
- Remove and Wipe Devices
- Set Password and Lock Devices
- Add and Remove Users from Groups
- Set User and Group IT Policies
- View IT Policies Rules
- View Server and BES Instances Status
- Support for managing BES 5.x and BES 10
- Manage multiple BES Servers Simultaneously
The app is also available for iOS devices with more admin features such as SSH, Telnet, VNC, RDP, Windows, BES, AWS and Google Apps. These features will also be coming soon to BlackBerry 10 devices. The IT Manager app will also be on display in the exhibits hall at the BlackBerry Live conference next month.