The Official Twitter client for BlackBerry continues to receive some fixes and polish in the BlackBerry Beta Zone before going live. This Twitter for BlackBerry update is sure to be a crowd-pleaser featuring animated avatars, an updated and organized emoticon list and anxiously anticipated multi-account support.
Tag: beta zone
RIM has released the fourth beta of Facebook for BlackBerry. This beta version includes a few more UI features as well as generally improves the app’s ability to talk to other applications on the device. Other beta features include:
- Enhanced Notifications – users will now be notified of polled items, such as ‘Likes’ and Event Wall posts.
- Cross-Channel Messaging – Deep integration of Facebook with core BlackBerry applications allows users to share Facebook Content across BlackBerry Messaging Applications. An example includes sending News Feed items to other messaging applications, like email, SMS, BBM, Twitter and more.
- Enhanced Integration with BlackBerry Native Apps – Building on enhanced integration with BlackBerry Native Apps, Facebook v2.0 now includes additional messaging options from the ‘More’ button within a Profile and from the Friends list.
- In-App Error Reporting – Users can install the BlackBerry Feedback Tool through the Menu in the Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones app. The BlackBerry Feedback Tool can be used to send feedback on BlackBerry features, functions, and applications at any time and is currently available in English only.
- Touch Toolbar – BlackBerry users with a touch screen device will now have Compose, Reply, and Delete icons located along the bottom of the device screen in the Facebook Inbox for quick and easy access to these popular features.
This release is available in BlackBerry Beta Zone.
RIM has announced that Twitter for BlackBerry version 2.0 beta has been updated in the Beta Zone. What’s strange is why RIM has both the Beta Zone and the Test Center. You would think that users could simply grab the beta from the Test Center, rather than have to log in via the Beta Zone where only certain members get access. The former is much easier as an end user. In the latest version, the Twitter developers seem to be going back and forth a lot on the UI. This time they’ve changed the color scheme and added “My Profile” to the nav bar, when it was previously taken out. Other changes include:
- Color Refresh – featuring a lighter color scheme
- Compose a Tweet – the Tweet composer is “hidden” from the Home timeline but accessible from the new Compose Tweet bar located below the navigation bar
- Trending Topics with local trends support – a Trending Topics icon has been added to the nav bar and now includes local trends support
- My Profile – Now users can access their profile quickly and easily from the nav bar (or the Menu)
- Performance Enhancements to improve the overall usability of the app
RIM has announced Facebook for BlackBerry version 2.0 Beta 3 and it’s available for download in the Beta Zone. The biggest update here is the ability to delete posts. This is a decent feature that was needed, but is it really necessary to launch it in the beta zone first? It seems that’s one of the downsides to a big company like RIM making the software: they act like a big company. Remember Guy Kawasaki’s rule: don’t worry be crappy. Just push it out and update. Anyways, the features in this release include:
- WiFi support
- The ability to delete comments and posts
- New delete prompts
To download the latest version of Facebook, head over to the Beta Zone.
Facebook version 2.0 has been updated in the Beta Zone and it includes support for OS 5 and above, as well as enhancements to Facebook Chat and more. Specifically, updates include:
Mutual Friends and Friends List
Enhanced integration with BlackBerry native apps
To download the latest version of Facebook for BlackBerry, head over to the Beta Zone.
Image courtesy of PocketBerry
RIM has announced the BlackBerry Mobile Conferencing app designed to make scheduling, joining and rejoining conference calls from your BlackBerry quick and easy. Features of the app include:
Continue reading ‘RIM Launches BlackBerry Mobile Conferencing App in Beta Zone’