BlackBerry Traffic is a mapping and navigation app for BlackBerry that allows users to plan travel routes and determine estimated time of arrival. The updated app, currently in beta measures real-time traffic conditions to provide users with the best route to take with more accurate estimated time of arrival calculations.
Tag: betaPage 2 of 24
RIM has announced their plan to offer BlackBerry Business Cloud Services for Microsoft Office 365. This new RIM-hosted online service is geared toward midsized businesses and the enterprise market. The service allows organizations to manage their own BlackBerry deployments in the cloud.
After making a short stop in the BlackBerry Beta Zone, the latest version of BlackBerry App World is now available to the public.
The BBM Music App is official and we’re told beta testers will have access today. The app is pretty incredible in terms of features and what it does for the music industry. Sure, there are plenty of social music services out there, but leveraging the BBM platform is going to create an entirely unique service that only RIM can provide. Click through to continue reading about this amazing new service, how you can get in on it and screenshots.
Continue reading ‘RIM Announces the BBM Music App: The Ultimate Social Music Experience’
Read more about in-holster custom alerts for OS 6 from Al Sacco
When we first saw iOS 5′s notification bar, it was clear that it was exactly what RIM had done with OS 6. Since BlackBerry hasn’t been doing so well in the media, you rarely see it pointed out that a lot of the “magic” coming from Apple lately is already done by BlackBerry. The most recent Beta leak of iOS 5 shows that iPhones are getting custom ringtones and alerts. It’s surprising that it has taken this long for Apple to update the iPhone with a feature BlackBerry has had for years.
RIM has released the fourth beta of Facebook for BlackBerry. This beta version includes a few more UI features as well as generally improves the app’s ability to talk to other applications on the device. Other beta features include:
- Enhanced Notifications – users will now be notified of polled items, such as ‘Likes’ and Event Wall posts.
- Cross-Channel Messaging – Deep integration of Facebook with core BlackBerry applications allows users to share Facebook Content across BlackBerry Messaging Applications. An example includes sending News Feed items to other messaging applications, like email, SMS, BBM, Twitter and more.
- Enhanced Integration with BlackBerry Native Apps – Building on enhanced integration with BlackBerry Native Apps, Facebook v2.0 now includes additional messaging options from the ‘More’ button within a Profile and from the Friends list.
- In-App Error Reporting – Users can install the BlackBerry Feedback Tool through the Menu in the Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones app. The BlackBerry Feedback Tool can be used to send feedback on BlackBerry features, functions, and applications at any time and is currently available in English only.
- Touch Toolbar – BlackBerry users with a touch screen device will now have Compose, Reply, and Delete icons located along the bottom of the device screen in the Facebook Inbox for quick and easy access to these popular features.
This release is available in BlackBerry Beta Zone.