A host of OS 5 leaks have recently hit the Internet and we now have download links for the Bold 9000, Curve 8520 and Curve 8900. If the links are broken, and you find another link, please comment so everyone can enjoy the latest OS. RIM promised us an OS 5 rollback before 2010 so I’m sure we’ll be seeing these official soon. Until then, be careful with a leaked OS.
Tag: blackberry curve 8900Page 3 of 18
BGR is reporting that the Curve 8900 will soon be available in white. While we don’t have any info on pricing or an exact launch date, it’s interesting to see carriers continue to launch old devices with a new paint job. The Bold 9000 looks good in white, and so does the 8900. Anyone want their BlackBerry Storm2 painted white?
The BlackBerry Bold 9700 is basically a Bold 9000, with updated specs and in a Curve 8900 form factor. It’s for this reason that the devices are probably best compared in pictures that speak for themselves.
Click through for some comparison pics of the Bold 9700 versus the Bold 9000
Ronen over at BerryReview got a tip about the latest download links for OS 22.214.171.1244. Make sure to get them fast as they tend to get ripped from Rapidshare fast.
The standard caveat applies: if you don’t know what you’re doing, stay away from these leaked OS versions. Back up your device too.
If these get ripped, we would appreciate posting a mirror link. Also, let us know if you find any bugs or this negatively affects your device.
Pixelated Plus, a fun game for BlackBerry, has been updated to support the Curve 8900 and the upcoming Bold 9700.
Playing this game is easy. All you have to do is change the colors of pixels on the screen until the screen is a single solid color. The ultimate goal is to do this in as few moves as possible.
Now that the new BlackBerry Messenger is out, it’s worth taking the time to put some BlackBerry OS 5 downloads in one spot. Many of the leaked versions of OS 5 have been missing the new BBM, but now that it’s released, you may want to get OS 5 for your device and have the whole package.
Keep in mind these are leaked OS links and the official version is much safer for your BlackBerry. We’re putting these links here so you can preview what will soon be officially released for your device. The official release of OS 5 features:
- More responsive experience and includes usability and visual enhancements such as inertial scrolling, spin boxes that make it easier to set dates and times, gradient shading on buttons and more use of animation.
- Typing accuracy and selection have been significantly refined.
Customers running BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5 will gain the ability to:
- Set follow-up Flags on the handset like they can in Microsoft® Office Outlook®
- Manage Microsoft Exchange email folders (Add, Rename, Move, Delete) on the handset
- Access remote files shares (Windows Shares); Save, View, Edit, and Email documents from remote file shares
- Forward appointments and view calendar attachments on the handset
- Benefit from wireless sync improvements for Contacts, including sync for multiple contact folders, personal Distribution Lists and contacts in Public/Shared folders