Today, RIM announced the global availability of BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express for Lotus Domino. BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express is free software that wirelessly synchronizes BlackBerrys with email, calendar, contacts, notes, tasks and more. The BES Express solution is ideal for organizations that do not want to spend money on extra BES licenses but want more employees to get the productivity of a BES setup.
With BES Express connected to IBM Lotus Domino, BlackBerry users will be able to:
- Wirelessly synchronize email, calendar, contacts, notes and tasks
- Manage email folders and search email on the mail server from their smartphones
- Book meetings and appointments, accept meeting requests, check availability and forward calendar attachments
- Set an out-of-office reply
- Access files stored on the company network
- Use mobile applications to access business systems behind the firewall