UPDATE: The link has been changed.
One thing I have noticed about the BlackBerry dev community, is that they’re great about making apps that improve the phone’s functionality, rather than just offer a party trick. Not that we don’t have our share of party trick apps, like Fabian’s whip, but there is so much more.
A good example of this is a new app called Call Informer. The app is designed to help sales people quickly identify and respond to incoming calls. Having contact notes available before you answer a call allows you to make informed choices about your response.
When you receive an incoming call from a contact in your address book, Call Infomer displays the following; Caller Name, Organization, Number (inc. type such as Home, Work, Mobile etc), Contact Notes (and previous call notes) and the date/time of the last time this contact called you and the date/time of the last time you called them.
You can update the contact notes right there or you can choose to send an sms to the caller and all of this can be done from one screen before you choose to answer the call.
* Information displayed on screen as call arrives
* Contact notes and time of last phone contact is displayed
* Update contact notes without having to leave screen
* Send sms to caller without having to leave screen
* Perform all actions before answering the call
* Allows you to make informed decisions about your call response