Chocolate Chunk Apps make an app called WiFi Media Backup for BlackBerry that allows you to automatically upload photos, videos and voice-notes from your BlackBerry to your PC, wirelessly and in the background. The application requires two parts: a BlackBerry app, and a lightweight PC application called Media Server. For anyone with a lot of media on their device, this app helps you keep a backup without having to plug in.
Tag: Chocolate Chunk Apps
Chocolate Chunk Apps have just released WiFi Media Backup for BlackBerry which allows you to automatically upload photos, videos and voice-notes from your BlackBerry to your PC, wirelessly and in the background.
This is a great feature in that you can roam around all day, taking photos, video or voice notes, and when you return to your office or home, they’re there waiting for you on your PC. The application requires two parts: a BlackBerry app, and a lightweight PC application called Media Server.
This app is a great product for anyone who uses a lot of the media capabilities of their device and wants a backup of it all on their PC. Personally, I wish the sync would go both ways, and include the ability to transfer music files as well. That would make this the ultimate over-the-air media app.
Remote Print consists of 2 applications, one for your BlackBerry and another that sits on the PC. When both are installed, Remote Print allows you to wirelessly print any file from your BlackBerry including emails, photos, PDF, Excel, Word, address contacts, memos and more. With Remote Print, you can also send files from your BlackBerry to your PC.
Features of this software include:
- Native intergration into BlackBerry email, address book and memo applications for quick printing direct from the menu bar.
- Print Office (Excel, Word etc) and PDF files! (requires Office/Adobe reader to be installed on PC).
- Print photos and image files (png, gif, bmp, jped, jpg etc) direct from your BlackBerry.
- Use the send option to send any file directly to your PC without printing: great for quick BlackBerry->PC file transfers.
- Inbuilt file explorer to select files or whole folders for printing/sending.
- For BES users, print to your office printer from anywhere – even without WiFi.